If you have a document that you need to submit to the authorities in Vietnam, then you need to superlegalize it. These are most often marriages, temporary stays, certificates or diplomas for work or further study.

Superlegalization is a legal clause that proves the verification of a stamp or signature in another Contracting State. The form of verification is the affixing of super-certification certificates by a body designated for that purpose. Superlegalization must be arranged for each document, sometimes two and sometimes up to four superlegalization clauses or certificates from several ministries, embassies and other bodies.

When superlegalization is needed

Marriage in Vietnam

If you want to get married in Vietnam, then you need to superlegalize your birth certificate and citizenship certificate.

Temporary residence or citizenship in Vietnam

You need many more documents if you want to apply for a temporary stay or citizenship in Vietnam. Then you will need to superlegalize your birth certificate, marriage certificate, and criminal record.

Study or work in Vietnam

If you want to study in Vietnam, you need to superlegalize your diploma or certificate. If you want to work in Vietnam, in addition to superlegalization, you often also need to apply for nostrification of your diploma or certificate.

The settlement of superlegalization is a very demanding process and the best solution is to order the settlement of this process from experts who have experience with it.

What to prepare for when processing an application for superlegalization in Vietnam?

If you need to superlegalize documents from abroad for use in the Czech Republic (birth certificate, diploma, marriage certificate), you will definitely not be able to do without the help of experienced experts.

When to apply for an apostille and when will you need superlegalization?

Not everyone can distinguish when apostilization of a document is sufficient and when much more demanding superlegalization needs to be performed. The Apostille is an agreement that was created on the basis of the „Convention on Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents“ or the so-called Hague Convention in 1961 and includes almost all states, except for some exceptions where superlegalization is required.

Pay attention to the choice of form and the validity of the documents

An important step in processing the application is to download and fill in the appropriate form. It may not seem complicated at first glance, but you can’t do without certain knowledge.

     Make sure you have an updated form and are not downloading an outdated version.
If you do not know a foreign language, contact an expert who will help you with this.
Find out the validity of the document you want to superlegalize. The extract from the criminal record must not be older than 6 months and the birth certificate 3           years.

How long does it take to complete a superlegalization and when will it be delivered to me?

The total time taken to process your request for superlegalization of a document depends on the steps mentioned above. The process of superlegalization is time consuming, someone may have a problem with submitting the application itself. It is therefore better to seek the help of experts who will advise you and handle everything for you.

Federal or state superlegalization?

Only some people know if there are state or federal laws in the state where they are asking for superlegalization. These are mostly Brazil, the USA and other countries. For example, superlegalization in the United States will be a difficult step for you if you do not know whether you need federal or state superlegalization. If you are unsure, contact a specialist on this issue.

When, in addition to superlegalization, is nostrification also needed?

Some documents can be used abroad only if they are also provided with nostrification – i.e. official recognition of the validity of the authorization obtained abroad. Nostrification is needed for diplomas, certificates and other documents that prove your education or experience.

In order for some documents to be used abroad, it is sometimes necessary, in addition to superlegalization, also the so-called nostrification – official recognition of the validity of the authorization obtained abroad, which is used in deciding on the validity of a foreign certificate.

How can a fee for issuing a superlegalization be paid abroad?

Paying the superlegalization fee abroad is not easy at all. In most foreign countries, administrative fees cannot be paid by bank transfer, as we are used to with us.

You can choose from only these 3 payment options:

by check,
in cash at the office.

Fees are always paid in the currency of the country where you are applying for superlegalization. In Vietnam (and elsewhere abroad), you must enclose stamps in a foreign currency or a check linked to a bank account abroad with the required foreign currency balance. Alternatively, you can visit the office in person and pay the fees there.

Is it possible to return superlegalization by courier or post?

You need to deliver the superlegalization back, but it’s not very easy.

There are two variants:

You can enclose with the application a return envelope with the filled in address of the applicant and with the correct value of foreign postage stamps.
Prepaid courier form to the applicant’s return address.

However, when choosing the first option, it is necessary to buy foreign postage stamps in the exact value and enclose them in the return title envelope. The problem occurs when looking for these marks.

For courier services such as DHL or Fedex, etc., the process of ordering the service can be difficult and time consuming. Unfortunately, not all courier services offer round trip delivery.

If you need to complete superlegalization, contact specialists who will handle everything for you in a relatively short time.